Friday, February 10, 2006

First Insights Into The Book Of Joshua

I've started a study on the book of Joshua: here are my first insights.

The book of Joshua on politics:

"Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it [to] the right hand or [to] the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest." (Joshua 1:7)

The book of Joshua on war:

"And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, '[Art] thou for us, or for our adversaries?' And He said, 'Neither; but [as] captain of the host of the LORD am I now come.' And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, 'What saith my lord unto his servant?'" (Joshua 5:13-14)


The book of Joshua on leadership:

"Then Joshua commanded the officers of the people: 'Right, good morning children of Israel. My name is Joshua and I'm the new Israelite leader in charge of religious genocide. Now, if you play straight with me you'll find me a considerate commander, but cross me and you'll find that under this playful boyish exterior beats the heart of a ruthless sadistic maniac.'" (Joshua 1:19-21)

No comments: