Saturday, January 22, 2005

Wilson ... Wilson



Yesterday, while I was waiting to get a tire repaired, I stepped into a used CD store on Hulen St. and found a few good CDs. I bought Live Phish Vol. 14: 10/31/95, Rosemont Horizon, Rosemont, Illinois. This is a really great show. I had first listened to a boot-leg of this show in college which was quite good. But this CD quality sound is a masterful improvement. Not only do they open the first set with a selection from Gamehenge but they cover The Who's Quadrophenia (it's a Halloween show of course). They also have a 40 minute rendition of "You Enjoy Myself" which is worth the price of admission. Yes, this is one of my favourite shows. The only thing that would have made it perfect would have been "Fee" and "Esther" but you can't have everything. Hi, Pat.



Also, I bought Led Zeppelin's Houses of the Holy. This is my favourite Zeppelin album. A really great set of songs. I had this album in high school and college, but a friend of a roommate's borrowed it and it was never returned. Baskets! (Not Pat. It was another roommate. Pat's friends always returned music and even let me borrow a few. That's how I got to listen to the boot-leg version of Live Phish, 10/31/95). Anyway, I never bought a replacement until recently. I prefered to download the songs and listen to them on the computer. Now do not give me any copyright lectures or Christian ethics; I bought the rights to listen to these songs long ago. I was just reclaiming my right to listen to what I had already purchased. And now I have bought the album once again and have deleted "The Song Remains the Same", "No Quarter", and "The Ocean" from my computer. But I gave my sister my lava lamp when she went to college, so "No Quarter" will not sound the same anyway.

"We've done four already but now we're steady
and then they went: One, two, three, four"

Singing in the sunshine, laughing in the rain
Hitting on the moonshine, rocking in the grain
Got no time to pack my bag, my foots outside the door
I Got a date, I can't be late, for the high hopes hailla ball.

Sing in to an ocean, I can hear the ocean's roar
Play for free, play for me and play a whole lot more, more!
Singing about good things and the sun that lights the day
I used to sing on the Mountains, has the ocean lost it's way.

i dont know

oh oh yeah

ooh yeah

Sitting round singing songs 'til the night turns into day
Used to sing on the mountains but the mountains washed away
Now I'm singing all my songs to the girl who won my heart
She is only three years old and it's a real fine way to start.

oh yeah...

the show is mine...

i'l blow my mind...

because it feels so good yeah yeah...

...
...

ohh so good

No comments: