Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Apply All of Your Days: A Quick Update on PC (Nic Gold) and Family

We are well; busy and stressed, but ultimately peaceful.

My daughter Dakota is 19 months.




My wife Lisa is drop dead gorgeous.

And I am getting better.

The Big News is that the family and I are moving to Ohio in a few weeks – January 1st to be exact.

Oh, wonderful cold and snowy weather! A winter wonderland in which to walk! And write!

Specifically, we will be living in Dayton.

("Be careful … Dayton can be nasty after dark!" - Mr Carlson, WKRP in Cincinnati)


Current Writing Projects:

Yes, I do believe that Ohio will be a nice cold and snowy place to write my three current books.

A quick break down:

The first book is a “theological memoir” about my wonderful experiences at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and how my theology changed while I was there.

The second book is a novel. It concerns why and how a body of Christian believers fragments and how this fragmentation affects this body’s witness to the world.

This novel is somewhat of a companion piece to the previous book in so much as it touches upon many of he same theological issues. I would love to have them published simultaneously but they may not be possible.

The third book is my annotated collection of Dale Moody lectures. I was not planning this but now that I will be in Ohio, my proximity to Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (where Dr. Moody taught) will be a tremendous help. Ha!


Recent Areas of Interest:

Books: Faust, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, The Greek Passion, Siddhartha, The Western Canon, Fragmentation and Redemption, The Last Temptation of Christ, Ulysses (audio), Titus Groan, Freedom and Limit, Garfield comics

Music: The Clash, Jeff Buckley, Jethro Tull, Bob Dylan, U2, Pink Floyd, Beck, The Who, Phish, Pearl Jam, Sinead O'Connor

Films: Mr. Arkadin, Chimes at Midnight, Lawrence of Arabia, Play Time, Baron Munchausen, Prince Caspian


Apply All of Your Days!

No comments: