Thursday, May 17, 2007

"Welcome To My Life, Tattoo"

The other day while I was waiting in line at the Post Office to buy eighty 2 cent stamps, I observed a gruff and muscled man in front of me. He was wearing a tank top and sandals. While he had toe nails that resembled Fritos, it was the tattoo on his upper arm that sustained my attention.

His tattoo was a large depiction of the shaggy head of a panther. The design itself was of no great interest, expect that the panther’s nose was drawn around what looked like an indention in the man’s skin. As I studied the tattoo more closely, I discovered that it was apparently designed and drawn to hide a scar on the man’s upper arm.

The man had a tattoo applied to upper arm to hide a scar on his skin!

How brilliant! I must be quite honest; I have never heard of such a thing before. I’m actually surprised that I haven’t! The idea seems so logically simple.

I think I might start studying other tattoos when given the chance and see how many other people have had this idea.

No comments: