Friday, April 20, 2007

Norm McDonald on "Late Night Talk Show"



I am so glad that I found this video. I remember watching this in college when it first played. I thought then as I do now that this was one of the funniest things I have ever seen on a Late Night Talk Show. I think it rivals with the “best of” clips from the Johnny Carson’s show. Of course, this was from the Conan show when Andy Richter was still on it. I stopped watching the show after he left.

Anyway, this truly is Norm McDonald at his best and wittiest. “Wittiest”? I’m not sure if that’s the right word. I think of wit as stemming from mannerisms similar to William Shakespeare, Oscar Wilde, Groucho Marx and Woody Allen. In this clip (I thought then as I do now) Norm seems like he’s stoned. Of course, he almost always does.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Norm MacDonald is one of the funniest men alive.

Nicolas Gold said...

“Germans Love David Hasselhoff!”

Yes, I loved his stand up routine. Really funny. And very unique.

I remember once on Saturday Night Live when he was doing the Weekend Update and he made a joke about women drivers. A few women in the audience booed. Norm looked up at them and said, “Hey, I’ll have you know that a woman wrote that joke.” The audience was quiet. Norm said, “Yeah, you don’t know what the hell to say now, do you.” He paused. “I’m just kidding … we don’t hire women.”

I was on the floor.

Matt said...

Oh, I remember that! I was laughing to myself for the next two days. In fact, I couldn't stop chuckling in Sunday School and everyone in class was like, "what does he keep laughing about?"