Monday, May 30, 2005

Question

I recently visited a small church where the congregation, being mostly Texas A&M fans, had put up a Texas A&M flag in the sanctuary on one of the walls. I frankly have a problem with this display and have a good reason for thinking such a display is unwise for the church. However, instead of posting my reasons, I would like to hear the reasons others would give for why such a display is wrong. Perhaps you believe such a display is fine; what reasons would you give for supporting its appearance in a church's sanctuary?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think such a display is a distraction from where one's focus and devotion should be directed within a house of worship.

I just found your blog today and I'm enjoying it.

Blessings,
Lyric

Thomas Winborn said...

Wow...I thought we were there to worship God, not Texas A&M.